The Brief Counselling program offers brief solution focused counselling sessions to individuals aged 16 years and older, residing within Elgin County. This program supports individuals experiencing challenges related to mental health concerns which have impacted the ability to lead healthy lives and day to day
functioning, some areas of exploration include, but not limited to, challenges related to employment, school, home, and/or relationships.
Please note that all internal and external referrals are closed at this time.
Goals & Objectives
This program is designed to bring positive change and improved quality of life to individuals through offering direct client services in the form of individual brief counselling. Following session(s) individuals will have an increased sense of autonomy and ability to cope with challenges independently.
Is This Program For Me?
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be willing to enter the program
- Must have one or two concerns related to mental health
- Must reside in Elgin County
Please note individuals experiencing addiction, trauma and/or grief support, will be referred to more longer term services due to timeframe limited sessions of this program.
What We Offer
- 1:1 counselling (virtual or in-person)
- collaboration with community partners
How Do I Get An Appointment?
Services are available by appointment only at this time.
- please call our Intake team at 519-633-1781 or toll-free at 1-855-633-1781. This team is available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- You can also connect with Connex Ontario by calling 1800-565-8603 or visit www.connexontario.ca via email or chat for more information about the treatment system in Ontario.
Who can make a referral?
All internal and external referrals at this time are closed. We will provide an update when this changes.
Is There A Waitlist For This Program?
Yes, the length of time to be admitted to the program varies based on the number of referrals that come through the program. However, you will be notified of updates and status through preferred method of contact.
110 Centre St.
St. Thomas, ON