Community Withdrawal Support Program
The Community Withdrawal Support Program serves London-Middlesex, Elgin, and Oxford Counties and provides comprehensive community withdrawal management, addiction and mental health crisis care to the residents of Thames Valley.
Goals & Objectives
- Comprehensive addiction and mental health screening and assessment
- Develop an individualized plan of care
- Connect to community referrals as needed
Is This Program For Me?
- Must be willing and interested in withdrawal supports
- Must be 12 years of age or above
- Willing to reduce the use of one or more substances
- Deemed safe to withdraw in the community
- Meet provincial standards for withdrawal management
What We Offer
- Substance use and withdrawal needs assessment
- Referral to appropriate services and level of care
- Withdrawal information for individuals and support persons
- Acute withdrawal symptom monitoring and daily support during acute withdrawal
- Supportive counseling as appropriate
- Facilitate involvement of Primary Healthcare Providers
- Community care planning
- Minimize risk of withdrawal complications
- Post-withdrawal support, education, and relapse prevention
How Do I Get An Appointment?
Complete the CWSP Referral Form and fax to 519-673-1022
Phone the CWSP Team at 519-673-3242 ext. 1248
Who can make a referral?
- Self referral by e-mail or phone
- Community agencies and organizations
Healthcare services (fax in form)
Community Education Information
CWSP also provides education for community members and services providers in effort to increase awareness and knowledge about withdrawal. CWSP is available for presentations and educational events as well as consultation. If you are interested in educational services, please contact CWSP at 519-673-3242 ext. 248 and we will see if we can meet your needs or provide referrals to other agencies to
better meet your needs.
200 Queens Ave | 2nd Floor
Virtual Support (phone or video) is available to other locations across Thames Valley.